[Beyond] More on the Oil Spill

Emily Burgess ebritt at gmail.com
Tue May 25 08:51:32 PDT 2010

We're complicit.
We need to make changes in the system as a whole. In the meantime, I propose
these actions:
1. When possible, avoid using BP. This can mean avoiding cars and buying gas
at all, using the car you do have less, getting a more fuel-efficient car. I
live in Texas, which means there's Exxon on one side of the street and Mobil
on the other. When possible, I go for Shell instead. In places where BP is
more prevalent, boycott them.
2. Continue to write and to speak, not just in these channels among friends
but in varying degrees in larger (and sometimes less comfortable) contexts.

--
~ Emily

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was 'thank you,' that would
suffice." ~ Meister Eckhart